The Edmondson Blog


Things My Mum Told Me

I said now!

Just because.

Sit up straight.

Chew your food.

This is not a hotel.

Red hat, no drawers.

Wash behind your ears.

I’ll tell you when you’re 21.

Don’t do as I do, do as I say.

All the goodness is in the skin.

I’m not everybody else’s mum.

Don’t talk with your mouth full.

I’m not doing this for my health.

I’m doing this for your own good.

I’m not asking you – I’m telling you.

Don’t sit on radiators, you’ll get piles.

The best sleep is that before midnight.

Don’t stand there dripping on the lino.

The crust is the best part of the bread.

Nothing decent happens after midnight.

Don’t eat raw pastry or you’ll get worms.

Don’t sit too close to the TV, you’ll go blind.

You can choose your friends but not your relatives.

Don’t stand there dripping on the carpet/lino/boards.

Always wear clean underwear in case you get run over.

If someone told you to put your head in the oven, would you?

1 Responses to “Things My Mum Told Me”

  1. # Blogger Unknown

    Very good......  

Post a Comment



© 2007 The Edmondson Blog