The Edmondson Blog


Memorable Lines From Songs

Lyrics considered sufficiently memorable that the particular song can be easily recognised:
Goodbye, Norma Jean.

Hope I die before I get old.

Your sons and your daughters
Are beyond your command:
Your old road is rapidly agin’.

We skipped the light fandango*
Turned cartwheels cross the floor.

East Coast girls are great,
I really dig those styles they wear.

Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme.

And did those feet in ancient times?

Picture yourself in a boat on a river.

I don't think that I can take it,
’Cause it took so long to bake it,
And I'll never have that recipe again.

Give me a home where the buffaloes roam.

Well, it winds from Chicago to LA,
More than two thousand miles all the way.

If her daddy’s rich, take her out for a meal,
If her daddy’s poor, just do what you feel.
Useful insight into how to be irresistible to women
(according to Mr. Mungo Jerry).

You’re drunk, you’re drunk, you silly old fool.

Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you do the fandango?*
*The dance, the fandango, is, as far as the Editor can tell, mentioned in only three pop songs – the third being Bob Dylan’s song Romance In Durango (not an easy rhyme, to be sure).

0 Responses to “Memorable Lines From Songs”

Post a Comment



© 2007 The Edmondson Blog