The Edmondson Blog


Wasn't Born To Follow

Oh, I'd rather go and journey where the diamond crest is flowing and run across the valley beneath the sacred mountain and wander through the forest where the trees have leaves of prisms that break the light in colors that no one knows the names of. And when it's time I'll go and wait beside a legendary fountain, 'till I see your form reflected in it's clear and jewelled waters, and if you think I'm ready you may lead me to the chasm where the rivers of our vision flow into one another.

I will want to die beneath the white cascading waters. She may beg, she may plead, she may argue with her logic and then she'll know the things I learned that really have no value. In the end she will surely know I wasn't born to follow.

0 Responses to “Wasn't Born To Follow”

Post a Comment



© 2007 The Edmondson Blog