The Edmondson Blog


Funny Old World (True Story)


A plumber formally known as Chris Hunt has changed his name to Monster Munch as acknowledgent of his obsession with the range of snacks.

Mr. Munch - Monster to his friends - starts the day with packet of pickled onion Monster Munch, has a roast beef Monster Munch sandwich for lunch and a Flamin' Hot flavour bag for dinner. He is so obsessed with the corn snack that he has even devised recipes to include Monster Munch in rice and pasta dishes.

Mr Munch said: ''I just can't get enough of them. I love all the flavours, but admit roast beef is a particular favourite. I used to just eat three bags of roast beef a day, but I decided I needed a bit of variety in my life, so now I vary the flavours between breakfast, lunch and dinner.''

He often mixes his Monster Munch with traditional meals - but is yet to crack the secret of mixing the crisps with his breakfast.

''The only thing I've not figured out yet is how to have my Monster Munch for breakfast. I've tried pouring milk on them, but they go soggy too quickly and on toast they are a bit dry. I'm sure I'll figure something out, though - maybe they would be good in a fry-up.''

Mr Munch, of Evington, Leics., made the name change without consulting Walkers, which makes the crisps. ''They looked at me like I was nuts and dared me to change my name,'' he said, "I don't think they thought I would go through with it - but now I demand to be called either Monster or Mr Munch.''

0 Responses to “Funny Old World (True Story)”

Post a Comment



© 2007 The Edmondson Blog