The Edmondson Blog


23rd Psalm (Psychiatrists' Version)

  1. The Lord is my external-internal integrative mechanism, I shall not be deprived of gratification for my viscerogenic hungers or my need-dispositions.
  2. He motivates me to orient myself toward a non-social object with affective significance.
  3. He positions me in a non-decisional situation.
  4. He maximizes my adjustment.
  5. Although I entertain masochistic and self-destructive id impulses, I will maintain contact with reality, for my superego is dominant.
  6. His analysis and tranquilizers, they comfort me.
  7. He assists in the resolution of my internal conflicts despite my Oedipal problem and psychopathic compulsions.
  8. He promotes my group identification.
  9. My personality is totally integrated.
  10. Surely my prestige and status shall be enhanced as a direct function of time,
  11. And I shall remain sociologically, psychologically and economically secure forever.

0 Responses to “23rd Psalm (Psychiatrists' Version)”

Post a Comment



© 2007 The Edmondson Blog